Tuesday, October 13, 2009

App store submission


I've been doing these puzzles for years, sometimes it takes a few seconds to get the nine-letter word and sometimes I only think of it 20 minutes later when I have given up and am doing something else.
Months ago when I was looking for something to do as a Cocoa programming exercise I started doing an anagram solving engine and it worked. Months later, here's the first release of my first iPhone application, Gridagrams.
It's basic. It's simple. But I think people who like this sort of thing will like it a lot. If you just want word, and plenty of them, this is it.
If you're wondering what the slightly fuzzy background image is supposed to be, it is reversed newsprint - a fairly simple attempt to hint at the puzzle's newspapery origins. I should have done a lot more image tweaking such as making the grid and the letters just a tiny bit ragged to look like newsprint too but you can go too far.

No comments:

Post a Comment